The SF-E100 provides a research-grade stopped-flow instrument priced at the teaching level. It is a complete system including pneumatic drive, light source, PC and software for data collection and analysis.
- Pneumatic Plus™ drive mechanism that combines the dual linear bearings with a pressure regulating solenoid to provide smooth and reliable continuous motion for reliable mixing and performance.
- Affordability without compromising performance.The SF-E100 affordable price allows for ownership of a research grade instrument at a fraction of the cost of comparable systems. Over time, the SF-E100 can be upgraded with a wide array of accessories.
- Sample Economy: As little as 30 µl per reactant is required and as little as 100µl of priming volume is needed.
- Ease of Use: Designing a system for teaching labs demands that ease of use considerations take a high priority. Students can generally start acquiring and analyzing data with as a little as 15 minutes of training.
- Small Footprint: The footprint of the SF-E100 has been designed to save laboratory bench space by combining the controller electronics with the syringe drive assembly.
- Choice: There are two SF-E100 models to choose from: For teaching labs the most affordable configuration is the SF-E100-A, (A-configuration), which has deuterium light source and a photodiode for absorbance experiments. For fluorescence applications, we recommend the SF-E100-F (F-configuration), which uses a super quiet Xenon light source and has both a photodiode and a photomultiplier tube. This configuration allows simultaneous fluorescence and absorbance detection.
Syringe Drive Mechanism:
- No of Syringes: 2
- Minimum Sample Volume: 30 µl
- Priming Volume: 100µl per reactant
- Dead Time: 1.4 ms
- Syringe Mechanism: Computer-controlled Pneumatic Drive Plus™ technology provides precise and reproducible mixing of 2 solutions.
- Syringe Chamber & cell assembly: The syringe/cell assembly can be easily removed for maintenance or for changing cell types. The syringe chamber is transparent and can be thermostatted by a circulating water bath (provided separately).
- Syringe Volume and Range: 2.5 ml standard.
- Temperature Range: A range of 4°-70°C is maintained by a circulating water bath (provided separately).
- Observation Cells: We provide a choice of four observation cell path lengths: 2.0, 5.0, 10, and 25 mm. 5.0 mm is included with the instrument.
- For absorbance work (A-Configuration): A 180-500nm high uniform deuterium source.
- For fluorescence work (F-configuration): A Super quiet 150W Xenon source for increased intensity and stability. The lamp is surrounded by a parabolic mirror to provide optimal collection of light intensity. The arc lamps must be cooled by a circulating water bath (provided separately). A highly regulated, current-controlled power supply and igniter provide stable light output (<0.1% ripple after warm-up).
A UV-sensitive photomultiplier (optional) and a UV-enhanced photodiode (standard) are provided for simultaneous measurement of fluorescence and absorbance. A second (optional) photomultiplier can be used to provide an additional fluorescence channel for simultaneous measurements of two wavelengths or for real time polarization anisotropy measurements.
413 kHz, 16-bit A/D converter provides fast and accurate data collection. Data can be fit to 1, 2 or 3 exponentials or 1, 2 exponentials plus a linear phase. Data are fit by nonlinear regression using the Marquat Method. Multiple traces can be averaged to improve signal-to-noise.
The following lists the minimum configuration of the computer provided with the instrument. KinTek Corporation is constantly updating the computer shipped with the SF-E100 stopped-flow instrument.
- Dell Precision T3500 MiniTower with Intel 2.53 GHz quad core processor
- 4 GHz RAM
- 1 GB ATI Fire Pro Graphics
- Dual 500 GB Hard Drives in a RAD1 configuration
- Windows 7 Professional OS
- 48×32×48× CD-RW/DVD Combo drive
- Dell Ultrasharp 20" widescreen LCD monitor
- Power Requirements: 110 volts, 15 amps.
- Compressed Air Requirement: ˜60 psi regulated source.
|Dimensions:||(Width × Depth × Height)||Weight:|
|Stopped-Flow Stand:||36L × 21W × 41H cm||72 kg|
*Deuterium Light source & Power Supply:
|Light Source:||61L × 25W × 25H cm||28 kg|
|Lamp Power Supply:||30L × 20W × 20H cm||18 kg|
*150W Xenon Light source & Power Supply:
|Light Source:||24L × 23W × 20H cm||46 kg|
|Lamp power supply:||28L × 15W × 20H cm||48 kg|